How to make automated tests for clients of D-Bus system service?

Miroslav Kravec kravec.miroslav at gmail.com
Tue Feb 6 10:57:10 UTC 2018

Hello,

I have recently implemented D-Bus system service to perform HW access
operations under root user, and expose secure interface to regular
users.

I would like to create automated tests for a client, including
valgrind tests for safe memory access and no memory leak.

How do I make following testing environment/setup:

* create "fake" system service with hardcoded, or generated, answers
to method calls,
* run "fake" system service without root access,

Kind regards,
Miroslav Kravec