Ubuntu 16.04 dbus authentication failure after join windows domain using winbind

q w winnieryl at gmail.com
Tue Jan 2 06:52:18 UTC 2018

Hi experts,

Happy new year!

I have a problem here regarding to dbus authentication. In ubuntu
1604(actually it happens in most platforms, suse, rhel, etc.), after join
windows domain using samba, I login the system using domain user account,
syslog reports error:

gnome-session-binary[29266]: ERROR: Failed to connect to system bus:
Exhausted all available authentication mechanisms (tried: EXTERNAL, DBUS_
COOKIE_SHA1, ANONYMOUS) (available: EXTERNAL, DBUS_COOKIE_SHA1, ANONYMOUS)

It looks like dbus fails to authenticate the domain user. however, I could
ssh using my domain user, reload dbus does not fix the problem, but
restarting dbus  or rebooting the system will fix this issue. I do not want
to reboot the system, or restart dbus since it will break lots of services.
Is there a way to fix this issue without restarting dbus?

I guess it is related to some cache mechanisms. Can you share some insights
or direction on this issue?

Thanks,
Qian