libdbus Missing Async Calls

Lawrence D'Oliveiro ldo at geek-central.gen.nz
Mon Jan 15 02:09:28 UTC 2018

On Sun, 14 Jan 2018 13:08:43 +0100, rony wrote:

> the point that everyone makes is that you need to use the same thread
> for sending and receiving messages that created the DBus connection.

I can offer a couple of counterexamples in my dbussy_examples repo
<https://github.com/ldo/dbussy_examples>. I have updated
dbussy.Connection.bus_get_async() to use the new
dbussy.Connection.open_async() call, so every step in creating a
connection to the D-Bus Daemon can now be event-loop-friendly. Look at
the example scripts that make use of this, and let me know where they
might misbehave, because they have worked for me.