introspection

Lawrence D'Oliveiro ldo at geek-central.gen.nz
Thu Jan 25 22:23:40 UTC 2018

On Thu, 25 Jan 2018 17:29:19 +0100, rony wrote:

> One application area where - even with domain-specific knowledge -
> the introspection data is very handy and useful is that of
> dynamically typed (scripting) languages.

I agree, and that is indeed how I use it. But Simon’s point is that the
design of dbus-python, in particular, requires you to go through
introspection rigmarole even when you already know what the interface
definition is.

Which reminds me, I should add another to my DBussy examples, showing
how you can bypass introspection and do entirely local construction of a
proxy interface.