Status of dbus-python

Alan Martinovic alan.martinovic at senic.com
Wed Mar 28 08:19:05 UTC 2018

Wow, you really invested much into documentation and
provide lots of usage examples, bravo :)

It seems like a fairly new project, how come that you've
based it on libdbus?
    (this is just me trying to get an understanding of the d-bus realm,
    I've mostly encountered blog posts saying libdbus is burdened by
    legacy architectural decisions and hard to use)

Do you know if libdbus (and on top of that your bindings) can use
kdbus as the underlying server/daemon?
    (am trying to guess the correct terminology here. By server/daemon
    I mean the underlying mechanism that actually conveys the dbus-messages.
    kdbus is the faster, kernel based, mechanism as opposed the previously
    used userspace daemon [didn't get the name of that one])

Be Well :)