Sending a{sv} using libdbus

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Mon Nov 5 16:05:54 UTC 2018

On Sunday, 4 November 2018 17:10:13 PST dtdang wrote:
> Yes, it is part of customer specs to use libdbus and we can't use any other
> high level bindings.
> Would you please give any advise ?

Yes. You should argue with your customer that they should give you an
objective to achieve, not the requirement on how to achieve it. The D-Bus
maintainers (like me) do not recommend you use the reference library: it's
difficult to get right and it's fragile. We recommend you use one of the
higher-level bindings. So, please take this recommendation back to your
customer and see if they won't change their minds.

If they don't, you're looking for dbus_message_iter_open_container once with
type DBUS_TYPE_ARRAY a signature "{sv}" and then, for each element,
DBUS_TYPE_DICT_ENTRY and signature NULL..