python-dbus: Monitoring a remote system bus

Kipper, Matthew Matthew.Kipper at gd-ms.ca
Tue Sep 4 23:41:55 UTC 2018

On Tue, 4 Sep 2018, D'Oliveiro, Lawrence wrote:

> Are you trying to use D-Bus for communication between machines? It
> may be easier not to

That is ultimately what I'm trying to accomplish.

Is this not supported/encouraged? I understand the risks of opening up D-Bus to external TCP connections, but are there any concerns if this is done over SSH? (see dbus-monitor example in OP).

Either way, I'm still curious why my example isn't working, even though it doesn't involve any communication between machines.

Matthew Kipper