Migrating D-Bus to GitLab

Simon McVittie smcv at collabora.com
Fri Sep 14 17:06:19 UTC 2018

On Wed, 22 Aug 2018 at 16:18:29 +0100, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 22, 2018 at 04:10:48PM +0100, Simon McVittie wrote:
> > We also seem to have bug tracking (but no source code,
> > and no open bugs) for the Perl binding, Net::DBus. That can
> > probably be closed? It also has alternative bug tracking at
> > https://rt.cpan.org/Public/Dist/Display.html?Name=Net-DBus
> > (with open bugs) and source code hosting at
> > <https://gitorious.org/net-dbus/net-dbus>.

I have closed "Product: dbus / Component: perl" for new bug reports.
Old (closed) bug reports will stay.

> FWIW, I've not have time to invest in net-dbus for a long time now.
> There are some people who are using it as I occassionally get bugs
> and emails about it.
>
> I would be happy to hand it off to anyone else who has a desire to
> be a more active maintainer, and if doing that it might make sense
> to put the GIT repo on freedesktop alongside other dbus repos.
> Failing that though, I'm happy to just leave it idle under my
> gitorious.org account forever.

Either is fine from my point of view. If you continue to be the maintainer
(or unmaintainer) then I think it should be in your preferred location,
and if someone else takes over, it should move to their preferred location
if different.

Please contact this mailing list if you or a subsequent maintainer find
yourself wanting a D-Bus-related git repo on freedesktop.org in future.

Thanks,
    smcv