DBus Python Bindings

John Mercouris john at atlas.engineer
Tue Jul 23 10:32:41 UTC 2019

Hello, I'm interested in the official bindings for Python D-Bus
the official documentation says:

Source: https://dbus.freedesktop.org/doc/dbus-python/tutorial.html#the-qt-main-loop
"To connect D-Bus to this main loop, call
``dbus.mainloop.qt.DBusQtMainLoop`` instead of
``dbus.mainloop.glib.DBusGMainLoop``. Otherwise the Qt loop is used in
exactly the same way as the GLib loop."

However, when I clone the source:
git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/dbus/dbus-python

and I grep the source files for DBusQtMainLoop, the only occurence of
that string is in the file `dbus-python/doc/tutorial.txt`.

This leads me to believe that the following line:
`from dbus.mainloop.pyqt5 import DBusQtMainLoop as MainLoop`

will never work, because that module simply does not exist. Does anyone
have any information about the fate of the pyqt5 module? which version
of dbus-python may still have it?

Any information is greatly appreciated,

thanks,

--