A new Python library for DBus: dbus-next

Tony Crisci tony at dubstepdish.com
Tue May 7 19:00:44 UTC 2019

Hi,

I would like to let you guys know about my new DBus library for Python
called dbus-next.

Repository:

https://github.com/acrisci/python-dbus-next

Documentation:

https://python-dbus-next.readthedocs.io/en/latest/

As a Linux Desktop community contributor, I often find myself using DBus
for integrating my applications into the desktop environment. However, I
was not satisfied with existing Python libraries because they require
heavy dependencies or have bugs that are difficult to fix. So I wrote my
own with the following features:

* Zero dependencies
* Support asyncio and the GLib main loop
* Use the latest language features of Python
* Complete implementation of the type system

I hope other people find this library useful and I'd like to invite you
all to consider using it for your next Python project.

Any feedback on the API design is welcome. The library is completely
documented and has tests that demonstrates usage.

Thanks.