D-Bus Introspection: pure data structure representation

Emmanuele Bassi ebassi at gmail.com
Fri May 17 18:03:59 UTC 2019

On Fri, 17 May 2019 at 17:51, Felipe Gasper <felipe at felipegasper.com> wrote:

>         What are folks’ thoughts here? I feel like XML is an increasingly
> obscure and unnecessary stumbling block to use of D-Bus’s introspection.

I think the answer from the DBus maintainer hasn't changed from the one you
got 3 months ago:

https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/dbus/2019-February/017672.html

In short: the introspection format is defined by the specification, which
means interoperating tools must provide the XML output as well as whatever
new format you come up with, which decreases the usefulness of a new format.

Ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--
https://www.bassi.io