Seeking DBUS installer tor for Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 10

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Tue Dec 1 15:46:53 UTC 2020

On Monday, 30 November 2020 03:41:27 PST Zeeshan Ali wrote:
> > So, it looks like D-BUS daemon does not  start work with the application.
> > When I try to  start dbus-daemon manually it does not help to fix the
> > issue.
> Is it possible that you either didn't run it as session bus or didn't
> specify the DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS env to Qt app?
>
> The daemon should work identically for both.

Sessions on Windows should always be auto-started and the daemon must work by
itself.

The question for your Qt app is in two steps:
1) did it find the right dbus-1 DLL?
2) did this library properly start dbus-launch.exe to start the session bus?

> > Is there a DBUS installer for Windows or some document describing how to
> > configure  DBUS on Windows?
> Doubtful many people are using D-Bus on windows and if they are, they
> probably use peer-to-peer (avoiding the broker) so I don't think such
> a document exists yet. I hope if/when you figure it out, you'd
> document the experience so others don't have to go through the same.

There's no installer. You must supply the D-Bus DLL and launcher with your
application.