Seeking DBUS installer tor for Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 10

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Fri Dec 11 07:54:03 UTC 2020

Am 01.12.20 um 16:46 schrieb Thiago Macieira:
> On Monday, 30 November 2020 03:41:27 PST Zeeshan Ali wrote:
>>> So, it looks like D-BUS daemon does not  start work with the application.
>>> When I try to  start dbus-daemon manually it does not help to fix the
>>> issue.
>> Is it possible that you either didn't run it as session bus or didn't
>> specify the DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS env to Qt app?
>>
>> The daemon should work identically for both.
>
> Sessions on Windows should always be auto-started and the daemon must work by
> itself.

This is the default by not specifing DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS

> The question for your Qt app is in two steps:
> 1) did it find the right dbus-1 DLL?
> 2) did this library properly start dbus-launch.exe to start the session bus?
>
>>> Is there a DBUS installer for Windows or some document describing how to
>>> configure  DBUS on Windows?
>> Doubtful many people are using D-Bus on windows and if they are, they
>> probably use peer-to-peer (avoiding the broker) so I don't think such
>> a document exists yet. I hope if/when you figure it out, you'd
>> document the experience so others don't have to go through the same.
>
> There's no installer. You must supply the D-Bus DLL and launcher with your
> application.

dbus portable binary packages and installers for Windows are build on
the openSUSE OBS.

At
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/windows:/mingw:/win32/openSUSE_Leap_15.2/noarch/
you may search for files with

mingw32-dbus-1-portable-*-noarch.rpm
mingw32-dbus-1-setup-*-noarch.rpm

or at
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/windows:/mingw:/win64/openSUSE_Leap_15.2/noarch/
for

mingw64-dbus-1-portable-*-noarch.rpm
mingw64-dbus-1-setup-*-noarch.rpm

You can unpack the rpm containers with 7zip.

The mingwxx-dbus-1-devel-xxx.noarch.rpm are for development.

Regards
Ralf