Why org.freedesktop.DBus.Local.Disconnected is called?

Sheng Mao shngmao at gmail.com
Sun Nov 8 02:00:21 UTC 2020

Hello everyone,

I have a problem with org.freedesktop.DBus.Local.Disconnected recently. I don’t know why it is called.

I am working with Xrdp, which calls Xvnc (X server) and startkde. Startkde then calls kwin_x11. Kwin_x11 registers org.kde.KWin service. When I click “log out” in KDE, kwin_x11 is supposed to unregister org.kde.KWin. However, I use busctl —user monitor org.kde.KWin, it seems org.freedesktop.DBus.Local.Disconnected signal is issued, so the service is not unregistered.

My question is: why org.freedesktop.DBus.Local.Disconnected will be triggered? I read source code of qtbase/dbus and kwin, I found no clue why this signal is triggered.

Thank you for reading this!

Regards,
Sheng