Seeking DBUS installer tor for Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 10

Zeeshan Ali zeeshanak at gnome.org
Mon Nov 30 11:41:27 UTC 2020

Hi Igor,

On Mon, 30 Nov 2020 at 12:24, Igor Chetverovod <chetverovod at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a working D-BUS application for Windows, it is using GDBus.  It works fine.

It does? I didn't know the dbus-daemon actually works on Windows.

> Now I want to create an application based on Qt5.5 and QtDbus. Example chat from Qt kit reports every time:
>
>> Cannot connect to the D-Bus session bus.
>> Please check your system settings and try again.
>

> So, it looks like D-BUS daemon does not  start work with the application.
> When I try to  start dbus-daemon manually it does not help to fix the issue.

Is it possible that you either didn't run it as session bus or didn't
specify the DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS env to Qt app?

The daemon should work identically for both.

> Is there a DBUS installer for Windows or some document describing how to configure  DBUS on Windows?

Doubtful many people are using D-Bus on windows and if they are, they
probably use peer-to-peer (avoiding the broker) so I don't think such
a document exists yet. I hope if/when you figure it out, you'd
document the experience so others don't have to go through the same.

--
Regards,

Zeeshan Ali