Install debus whithout python

Simon McVittie smcv at collabora.com
Tue Aug 17 13:10:03 UTC 2021

On Tue, 17 Aug 2021 at 20:24:03 +1000, Jupiter wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I use dbus-send on an embedded Linux, due to the limited size of the
> file system, I don't want to install python

Install dbus and don't install Python, then.

> what package of the dbus without using python3?

dbus only needs Python for the test suite. Installing dbus-send and other
important executables should not require Python.

For an embedded system with size constraints, you will want to configure
with --disable-developer and --disable-tests.

If you are using a package that has been prepared for you by someone else,
talk to the supplier of that package. The dbus upstream maintainers do not
provide binary builds of dbus.

    smcv