How to let user defined in a container to access dbus systembus

Srinadh Penugonda srinadh0 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 17 16:22:38 UTC 2021

Hi,
Thanks. Could you please share some pointers on how to do it?

As far as I see, those have same permissions and same location in the container as compared to the host.
I am clueless what else is missing and what else I need to configure. Any help in this regard would be greatly appreciated.
~~  Thanks, Srinadh

    On Friday, December 17, 2021, 08:16:39 AM PST, Thiago Macieira <thiago at kde.org> wrote:

 On Tuesday, 14 December 2021 18:50:16 -03 Daniel Walsh wrote:
> > root at sonic:/var/run/dbus# ls -al
> > total 4
> > drwxr-xr-x 2 root root  80 Dec  9 19:02 .
> > drwxr-xr-x 1 root root 4096 Dec  9 19:03 ..
> > srwxrw-rw- 1 root root    0 Dec  9 19:02 histmem.socket
> > srw-rw-rw- 1 root root    0 Dec  9 19:02 system_bus_socket
> > root at sonic:/var/run/dbus#
>
> Is it being blocked by SELinux.  SELinux would definitely not allow this
> access in a Podman container.

In any case, the problem is no longer a D-Bus one. It's a matter of getting
the socket in the right place, with the right permissions, in the container.