Error naming convention on dbus

Nyirő Gergő gergo at nyiro.name
Sat Feb 6 22:40:57 UTC 2021

Thanks both of you for the quick help.

I would like to ask an another advice regarding to the error naming
convention.

I have a service which has the well known name `org.configd.Example` where
the `/org/configd/Example` object implements the
`org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties` interface. I extended the
`org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties.Set` method with some validation (maximum
value for an int32 property) and I would like to respond with an error if
the validation fails. Which would be a better error name:
a) `org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties.Error.ValidationError`
b) `org.configd.Error.ValidationError`
c) replace the standard `org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties.Set` method with a
custom interface + method for validation

Thanks for you help in advance,
Gergo