guidance for org.freedesktop.DBus interfaces

Robert Middleton robert.middleton at rm5248.com
Thu Jan 7 01:05:11 UTC 2021

> Is it allowed to extend the existing "org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties" interface
> for my object or should I introduce the "SetMany" method in my custom interface?

I'm not a DBus developer, but it seems to me that having a "SetMany"
in your custom interface would be the appropriate way to handle this,
as bindings/implementations may assume that the
org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties interface contains only the methods
specified in the spec, and thus would be unable to use your custom
method if provided as part of that interface.

-Robert Middleton