Reg: how to avoid writable permissions of system_bus_socket file for others

Robert Middleton robert.middleton at rm5248.com
Wed Jul 28 21:03:57 UTC 2021

You probably want to look into the dbus policy files, which will let
you configure who is allowed to connect to the bus.  At least on
Debian/ubuntu, the default file is located at
/usr/share/dbus-1/system.conf.  The documentation for dbus-daemon has
some information on these policies:
https://dbus.freedesktop.org/doc/dbus-daemon.1.html

-Robert Middleton