D-Bus on Windows 10

Igor Plastov chetverovod at gmail.com
Wed Mar 10 15:20:18 UTC 2021

Hi Nikolaus,
Some time ago,  I had a need to add IPC control to one of my
Qt-applications, I selected D-Bus.  I had made some investigation for
Qt5.5  under Windows10 -  no one of  Qt D-Bus examples "from the box"  did
not work.  After that I switched to  D-Bus implementation from Glib. It
works ok.   I used one of an examples  for glib. I have added a separate
thread where all D-Bus  handlers are working. The main issue was  to
include glib- libs, because they are using variable name "signals" (which
is used in Qt as a keyword). I use workaround like this:

#ifndef MAINWINDOW_H
#define MAINWINDOW_H

#include <QMainWindow>
#include <QHostAddress>
#include<QMenuBar>
#include<QPushButton>
#include<QtGui>
#include<QByteArray>
#include <QTextCodec>
#include <QString>
#undef signals                  //    <- Workaround.
#include <glib.h>
#include <gio.h>

Best regards,
Igor