Detect new available names in bus

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Wed Feb 16 08:54:45 UTC 2022

Am 15.02.22 um 15:15 schrieb Sergio Costas:

>> This depends on what kind of signal is required.
>>
>> Thiago stated that you can get the present available names on the bus
>> by running.
>>
>> > $ qdbus org.freedesktop.DBus / ListActivatableNames
>>
>> If this suits your needs, a new signal with no other parameters would
>> suffice, telling that the configuration has been reloaded.
>>
>> In that case an additional section in the spec like
>> https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/dbus/dbus/-/blob/master/doc/dbus-specification.xml#L6378
>> would do it.
>>
>> The new implementation needs to be added to
>> bus_context_reload_config() (see
>> https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/dbus/dbus/-/blob/master/bus/bus.c#L1079)
>>
>> As example for constructing and sending a signal, see
>> https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/dbus/dbus/-/blob/master/bus/driver.c#L340
>>

> Thanks! I'll check all that.

Simon McVittie and I once agreed on a suitable implementation for this,
see https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/dbus/dbus/-/merge_requests/250. It
would be helpful if you would create a corresponding feature request
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/dbus/dbus/-/issues/new?issue%5Bmilestone_id%5D=
for this.

Ralf