Debug a call to method ssa(sv)a(sa(sv)) from libdbus

Felip Moll lipixx at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 14:14:17 UTC 2022

> > SIGNATURE IS0: ss
> > SIGNATURE IS1: ssa(sv)
> > SIGNATURE IS2: ssa(sv)a(sa(sv))
>
> Felip, you are still doing it wrong. StartTransientUnit expects a
> dictionary, implemented as an array of dict_entries, a{sv}, but you are
> using an array of structs. {braces} are not (parens).

Negative, StartTransientUnit expects an array, not a dictionary.

>From documentation:
https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/ControlGroupInterface/

"....The third parameter contains an array of initial properties to set for
the unit. It is an array of pairs of property names as string and values as
variant. Note that this is an array and not a dictionary! This is that way
in order to match the properties array of the SetProperties() call ..."

I've found my other issue, it was just I was getting a connection to
DBUS_BUS_USER and not to system. I changed it to:

conn = dbus_bus_get(DBUS_BUS_SESSION, &err);

and now I am dealing with other permissions issues, but the message is
being sent and accepted :)