porting guide

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Thu Jul 10 15:43:03 PDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-07-10 at 18:21 -0400, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> do you have a porting guide from hal to devicekit-disks somewhere ?
> Or at least some notes to point people at ?

Nope. Not apart from the obvious

 storage stuff -> DeviceKit-disks
 power mgmt -> DeviceKit-power
 everything else -> DeviceKit

It might be useful to poke Richard and Arnaud to send their notes on
DK-power to the list to kick off that round of discussions. Another big
item on the TODO list is to figure out how to associate data with
devices (e.g. hal fdi files, udev rules).

Might also be useful to enumerate the projects right now using HAL;
would be good to keep that in a Wiki similar to

 http://live.gnome.org/GioPort

I'm away until Tuesday but will look at the mailing list when I'm back.

     David