DeviceKit: use libudev

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Thu Oct 2 10:34:19 PDT 2008

Hi,

Just for those of you reading the list and curious why I haven't replied
to any of Kay messages: I've been talking to Kay about this patch on
IM/IRC.

On Thu, 2008-10-02 at 12:21 +0200, Kay Sievers wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-09-11 at 00:20 +0200, Kay Sievers wrote:
> > On Fri, 2008-08-29 at 22:39 +0200, Kay Sievers wrote:
> > > To integrate DeviceKit properly with udev, udev provides a shared
> > > library libudev now, wich is used by the DeviceKit daemon with this
> > > patch, to retrieve udev device information and hook into device events.
> >
> > Updated patch, which depends on the to-be-released udev 128. It replaces
> > almost all sysfs and uevent details from DeviceKit code and uses libudev
> > to retrieve device information, listen to events, and parse event
> > messages.
>
> Another update. I think we are pretty close now. It needs libudev from
> the current git tree.

Cool. I'm fine with committing something like this once there is a
released version of udev to depend on. After that we should probably
also do a real release of DeviceKit.

     David