udev rules files

Kay Sievers kay.sievers at vrfy.org
Mon Apr 27 18:43:38 PDT 2009

On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 09:43, Richard Hughes <hughsient at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 2009-04-26 at 16:22 +0200, Kay Sievers wrote:
>> DeviceKit-power will use libudev, and take over the all the
>> power/battery/UPS handling from HAL. At this point, the part of HAL
>> will be disabled.
>
> Sure agree. Good email.

Great.

> Switches (killswitch, lid, tablet, headphone) are not exposed in Xorg,

Killswitches should be handled in NetworkManager, I guess.

Headphones should be handled in Pulsaudio.

> and not exposed in DeviceKit either. At the moment the only thing
> gnome-power-manager uses HAL for in git master is the find out the lid
> status. I really want to remove the HAL dep completely.
>
> Is it insane to add a property lid-is-closed to DeviceKit-power? I can't
> think of a better place for the lid status information, and don't really
> want to add low level /dev/input type stuff to g-p-m.

I guess you should add the power related stuff to g-p-m to process it
internally, but not export any direct key mapping for other consumers.

> If I'm adding lid-is-closed, would SW_TABLET_MODE, SW_HEADPHONE_INSERT
> and SW_RADIO also needed to be handled?

Why would a headphone event interesting for DK-power? Or do I read the
question wrong?

Thanks,
Kay