Porting DeviceKit-power to non-Linux

Lin Guo Lin.Guo at Sun.COM
Sun Aug 2 19:54:53 PDT 2009

Hi Arnaud,

As I know, the current kernel drivers(hid & hidparser) on Solaris can
not handle USB/HID UPS devices. However, there is a project "HID
Extending" in progress with the goal as "support more hid devices and
features in hid devices in solaris, including function keys in keyboard,
horizontal scroll in some usb mice, tablet, UPS and others." I am
waiting for the delivering of the project for UPS support.

So USB/HID UPS support will not be covered by Phase One of
Devicekit-power on Solaris.

Best Regards,
Lin