Where is the place of specifying automount options for a specific file system

Vassily Gavrilyak gavrilyak at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 06:50:09 PST 2009

>I'm curious though - what mount options do you need to change? The defaults
should work out of the box.

For me the defaults for udf filesystem doesn't work. I need to specify
dmode=0500,mode=0400 (same as iso9660.
Otherwise some DVDs are unreadable by user, only root can access them.
Those options are valid for recent kernels, but invalid for older.
So the "correct" options depends on kernel version installed.
So the question remains - how to specify this kind of options.

Thanks,
Vassily.