Can we safely remove those fdi files in hal-info?

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Wed Dec 16 23:17:33 PST 2009

Hello Peter,

Zhu, Peter J [2009-12-17  9:05 +0800]:
> I'm asking if the function of the three storage related files are
> COVERED(NOT used) by DK-disks or udisks.

Ah, sorry for the misunderstanding then.

10-usb-card-readers.fdi:
  This has been split between looking at what the
  kernel detects for us (in src/device.c), and some special cases in
  /lib/udev/rules.d/95-devkit-disks.rules, so this is covered.

10-ide-drives.fdi:
 This contained some hardware/kernel bug workarounds (which aren't in
 devkit-disks). The ZIP/JAZ properties are supported by dk-disks, but
 AFAICS these particular rules for identifying them haven't been
 transformed into udev rules, so that's missing.

20-broken-usb-sticks.fdi:
 There is no udev rule equivalent for those as far as I can see. It
 seems to me that this indeed needs to be fixed.

Martin