Mapping form factor

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 08:12:11 PDT 2009

2009/7/2 Kay Sievers <kay.sievers at vrfy.org>:
> Yeah, it's a bit dangerous.

Yes, I think virtual devices are a quick way back to the HAL mess.
That's why I wanted to merge the data back to where it came from, so
to speak. All it's doing is providing a mapping for one key value to
another, with a DKP_ prefix.

> Yeah, maybe it dies for good with HAL, and we should not pretend to
> know anything like this. Sounds like the best road to take from where
> we are now.

Then that's a regression. I really don't want to teach
gnome-power-manager about the niceties of dmidecode just so it can
choose the default policy in a sane way.

Richard.