Embedded DeviceKit-disks?

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Fri Jun 12 07:15:35 PDT 2009

Hey,

Sorry for not replying sooner.

On Thu, 2009-06-04 at 09:08 +0200, Ola Angelsmark wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm currently looking into using DeviceKit, specifically
> DeviceKit-disks, in an embedded system, but I am only interested in a
> fairly limited subset of the functionality (no SMART, no device mapper,
> etc.)
>
> Has anyone looked into making a stripped down version of DK-disks?

Theoretically we could have --enable-libata, --enable-devmapper and so
on to strip things down but do you think it's worth it?

I mean, for most embedded devices you typically want to handle all the
same things, for example the user could connect a USB hard disk
enclosure where the SATA disk is failing and the on-disk stuff contains
physical volumes that needs to be assembled using devmapper or RAID.

    David