music player database

Kay Sievers kay.sievers at vrfy.org
Tue Jun 16 17:12:14 PDT 2009

On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 10:02, Martin Pitt<martin.pitt at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> Hello again,
>
> Martin Pitt [2009-06-16  9:17 +0200]:
>>   * TODO: nicer names for .ini files
>
> Done now, they use the vendor name as prefix and the model name if
> available. Files updated.
>
>> This is a pretty comprehensive example of a "normal" USB player:
>>
>> http://people.ubuntu.com/~pitti/tmp/hal-udev-music-players/media-players/781-7432_7433_7434_7435_74c0_74c1_74c2_74c3.ini
>
> This is now
>
> http://people.ubuntu.com/~pitti/tmp/hal-udev-music-players/media-players/sandisk-7432_7433_7434_7435_74c0_74c1_74c2_74c3.ini
>
> I also turned the "not implemented" warnings into real assertions, so
> that the code blows up immediately when something in hal-info changes
> in a weird way.

Sounds all fine.

I guess:
  SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", GOTO="media_player_start"
  GOTO="media_player_end"
  LABEL="media_player_start"

can just be:
  SUBSYSTEMS!="usb", GOTO="media_player_end"
right?

The .ini file names look pretty weird. :)

Do we define that there can be a list of .ini files? Or is one enough.

Thanks,
Kay