Fix recent pm-powersave dk-p patch

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Sun Jun 28 04:39:29 PDT 2009

Hello Richard,

Richard Hughes [2009-06-28  9:13 +0100]:
> Urgh. Never code when sleep deprived. Sorry about that. Anyway, I've
> already been sent patches about the GError and the memory leak

Right, just saw them. Thanks for committing.

> the path thing still needs fixing. I'm not sure setting a process PATH
> is such a good idea

I don't particularly like it either, TBH, but it seemed less evil to
me than hardcoding /usr/sbin. If you prefer the latter, I'm fine with
that, I just thought that we shouldn't break /usr/local.

>  --can't we just pass this in as envp?

That would just apply to pm-powersave itself; this is good and
necessary, since the scripts which are called through it might rely on
a sensible $PATH. But passing envp to g_spawn_() doesn't help
g_spawn() _itself_ to find the program you are trying to run (in fact
this was my first idea as well, but I tried it and it doesn't work).

Thanks,

Martin