udev rules files

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Fri May 1 17:33:58 PDT 2009

On Sun, Apr 26, 2009 at 04:22:46PM +0200, Kay Sievers wrote:

> interface. At that point, the block stuff will be disabled in HAL.
>
> power/battery/UPS handling from HAL. At this point, the part of HAL
> will be disabled.

Why do you want to disable stuff in hal? Just don't use it? There
may be other software using hal and needing a working hal. I am thinking
about halevt I developped, it works fine, and I'd prefer not to have to
rewrite it too soon -- especially if the design of the whole stack
changes every 2 years or so.

> Device Access Control Lists, the stuff that grants access to devices
> like the cdrom, the webcam, the camera, ... will likely be part of
> udev-extras integrating with ConsoleKit. It is not implemented at all
> at the moment.

Wouldn't it be better if this was taken into account in the design
before the whole stack gets phased out?

--
Pat