Replacement for hal-setup-keymap

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Thu May 7 00:08:39 PDT 2009

Kay Sievers [2009-05-06  1:16 +0200]:
> > Originally I intended this to become a script which we can run
> > permanently to maintain keymaps in hal-info side by side with the new
> > udev-extras rules. However, udev rules are not expressive enough for
> > some of the weirder constructs we currently have in the hal-info
> > keymaps
>
> What do we miss here? Usually the fdi files are much more limited than
> the udev matches.

Ah, another thing is "contains_ncase". I don't think udev rules can do
case insensitive string matching, can they? It would certainly be nice
if it could, since it's currently used 62 times in hal-info, and it
would be utterly hard to find out how the real strings look like on
the affected hardware.

Martin