Replacement for hal-setup-keymap

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Thu May 7 02:58:15 PDT 2009

Kay Sievers [2009-05-06  1:16 +0200]:
> >  - Would you prefer using input-utils or a copy of the input-kbd
> >   script in udev-extras?
>
> I think, we should put all of that, including the binary, in a subdir
> in udev-extras, and install the binary in /lib/udev/. Then we are free
> to change stuff as we need, and don't depend on stuff that might not
> exist on some systems.

Done. I put the keymaps themselves into /lib/udev/keymaps/ for now
(instead of /usr/share/udev/keymaps/, as in my first sketch).

I have the keymap setting tool, build system changes, conversion tool,
and the first set of converted keymaps ready now.

I tested it on my Dell Latitude, and it's working well.

I wasted half an hour trying to push my git branch to an ssh server
and finally gave up after I managed to push it to remote, but pulling
didn't update anything; so I use format-patch for now.
Do these look okay so far?

I'll continue keymap conversion in the next days, and will send
further patches.

BTW, what's necessary to get an account on git.kernel.org, so that I
could continuously maintain keymaps in my own udev-extras branch
there, and it's easy for you to pull from that?

Thanks,

Martin