Replacement for hal-setup-keymap

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Thu May 7 06:58:12 PDT 2009

Hello Kay,

Kay Sievers [2009-05-07 13:50 +0200]:
> > Ah, another thing is "contains_ncase". I don't think udev rules can do
> > case insensitive string matching, can they?
>
> Only if you do ="[Cc][Aa][Ss][Ee]". :)

Oh, *headdesk*, indeed. Since I'm generating them mostly
automatically, that shouldn't be a problem. Looks weird, but works.

> > It would certainly be nice
>
> Sounds useful. How could we possibly express that? Any ideas

Would it be too evil to have another operator ==i for case insensitive
string glob matching? Or perhaps =i=, to disambiguate it when using
the right-hand side without quotes?

Another option would be regexec(3): FOO==/bar/i. Adding regexes will
add a lot of power, but of course it introduces quite some performance
penalty and shouldn't be used too much. Was there a previous use case
for regexes so far?

Thanks,

Martin