DevKit-Power doesn't detect the system is running on battery power if you boot your laptop without AC power

Emilio López buhitoescolar at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 10:39:25 PST 2009

Hello,

I wasn't able to find any bug tracker for DevKit, that is why I'm writing
here. I'm experiencing a problem with DevKit-Power and gnome-power-manager:
if you boot a laptop using its battery (no AC cable plugged in),
gnome-power-manager reports it's running on AC power, and says there is no
battery. Running "devkit-power -d", it reveals it's not
gnome-power-manager's fault, as devkit doesn't detect the battery and says
it's running on AC power. I'm using devkit-power 011 on Ubuntu Karmic Koala,
and my PC is an Acer Aspire 6930.

Given that I don't know what should be done to debug this, I would
appreciate it if you could tell me what to do, or point me to relevant
documentation that explains how to debug devkit-power. Do not hesitate to
ask if you need further details on the issue.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

--
Emilio López