DeviceKit-power release next Monday

Michael Biebl mbiebl at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 15:50:46 PDT 2009

2009/10/1 Richard Hughes <hughsient at gmail.com>:
> If you want any patches / fixes included for the release then you've
> got a few days left for review. Testing especially welcome.
>
> If you're expecting DeviceKit-power to work on Solaris or FreeBSD in
> future releases, there's a framework in place just waiting to be used.
> Hint hint.

Hi Richard,

I noticed that 011 will change its property naming scheme from
dash-dash to AllCamelCase, which afaics is an D-Bus API break.
Eg. libdevkit-power-gobject 010 and DeviceKit-power 011 will not work
together (in case someone does a partial package upgrade).
(I'm not sure how you do the package split in Fedora, but for
Debian/Ubuntu where we have separate packages for DK-power and
libdevkit-power-gobject this will be a PITA)

Now that DK-disks and DK-power are more and more widely used, such API
changes become and issue.
How will that be handled in the future? When can we expect a stable (D-Bus) API?

Michael
universe are pointed away from Earth?