Invalid properties names

Davide Bettio davide.bettio at kdemail.net
Sun Sep 6 13:14:24 PDT 2009

Hi,

> Out of interest, where in the spec did you see anything about property
> names ?
"Interface, signal, method, and property names are "WindowsStyleCaps", note
that the first letter is capitalized, unlike Java."
I think that we should respect this convention.

http://dbus.freedesktop.org/doc/dbus-specification.html#message-protocol-names
Member names:
"Must only contain the ASCII characters "[A-Z][a-z][0-9]_" and may not begin
with a digit."
I think that properties are members, so it should apply to properties too.

> I didn't find that. It does forbid dashes in interface names,
> signal names and method names, but property names are just strings as
> far as  the protocol is concerned.

So "\nèòàò+---èù\n\n\aùù§§§\n\n\n))(" is a valid property name, right?

Bye,
Davide Bettio.