frequency requests in upower

Mike Turquette mturquette at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 11:25:30 PDT 2010

Hi all,

I was glancing over the QoS aspects of upower, and the control knobs
all appear to be related to latency.

What if I had a codec for, say, video playback and I know it needs X
MHz to run properly.  How could upower help me to do this?  I'll
assume I have some cpufreq governor running in the background, but I
don't want to rely on that to get the job done when I already know my
frequency requirements.

I guess my real question is, will frequency-based QoS knobs ever make
their way into upower?  I know the hot topics these days are
constraints (dma latency, cpu wake up latency, network throughput,
etc), but sometimes you just need the megahertz.

Thanks,
Mike