udisks-part-id segfault

Tue Aug 17 08:51:36 PDT 2010

Hi Martin

Am 17.08.2010 08:34, schrieb Martin Pitt:

> Hello Stephan,
>

>    $ sudo /lib/udev/udisks-part-id /dev/sda1
>
> If it crashes on one of them, please run it through gdb:
>
>    $ sudo gdb --args /lib/udev/udisks-part-id /dev/sda1
>    run
>    # let it crash
>    bt full
>
> and copy&paste the output. Please compile udisks with debugging
> symbols for this.
>
> Martin

an first test shows me that udisks-part-id works fine with device nodes
i really have, but it segfaults on devicenodes i dont have (for example
if i dont have /dev/sdb1 so "udisks-part-id /dev/sdb1" segfaults. this
is not an problem, but ugly, because it shows in dmesg. the same problem
i have with "udisks --mount /dev/sdb1" and "udisks --show-info
/dev/dev/sdb1"

i run here an script to automount all not already mounted internally
partitions with help of udisks. its an bit an quick and dirty initscript
( i use an embedded selfcompiled linux distribution) but the script
still does the job. i must know look if the udisks-part-id segfault
comes from this script or maybe any udev rule. the script looks:

###
   progress "automount internal disks"

   drive_dump () {
     udisks --dump | tr -d ' ' | grep 'device-file:' | cut -d ':' -f2
   }

   show_info () {
     udisks --show-info $2 | grep "$1:" | tr -d ' ' | cut -d ":" -f2
   }

   for DEVICE in `drive_dump`; do
     REMOVABLE="`show_info "removable" $DEVICE`"
     MOUNTED="`show_info "is mounted" $DEVICE`"
     USAGE="`show_info "usage" $DEVICE`"

     if [ "$REMOVABLE" = "0" -a "$MOUNTED" = "0" -a "$USAGE" =
"filesystem" ]; then
       udisks --mount "$DEVICE" >/dev/null
     fi

   done
###

many thanks

Stephan

--
               ### OpenELEC.tv ###
The free and open Mediacenter Distribution 4 you