UPower 0.9.0 released!

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 00:40:31 PST 2010

On 5 February 2010 02:21, Martin Pitt <martin.pitt at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> When I started to package this I noticed that the transition is still
> incomplete, and the daemon/tools are still using dk-power-gobject, not
> libupower-glib.

Right, that was still on my TODO, and I didn't think it was needed for
the first release.

> After some two hours I now have some 90% of the remaining porting
> done, but now I'm stuck at the two up-device.h versions in src/ and
> libupower-glib/ which conflict to each other. I'm afraid I need your
> help with that to figure out what the real fix is.

Well, it all comes down to the includes. You'll also notice I've taken
the DkpFooObj C structures and turned them into UpFooItem's which are
proper GObjects. We need to use those instead of using the old C
structs. The reason for using the structs originally was speed, but
with the latest glib creating and destroying small GObjects is much
quicker, and a GObject is easier to bind than a random struct of

In your patch we really need to use the objects, not the structs. Sorry!


More information about the devkit-devel mailing list