DeviceKit-power 014 released

Michael Biebl mbiebl at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 04:07:20 PST 2010

2010/1/8 Richard Hughes <hughsient at gmail.com>:
> 2010/1/8 Michael Biebl <mbiebl at gmail.com>:
>> so, the next version will be renamed to upower then?
>> What's the ETA for that release?
>
> I'm waiting for freedesktop to rename the repos. We'll also be doing
> DeviceKit-power releases in parallel with upower for some time, as
> distros such as F12 are shipping DK-p which we'll have to support for
> a year or so.

Currently I find the following reverse dependencies of libdevkit-gobject-power:
gnome-session
gnome-power-manager
gdm

Not sure, how many apps use the D-Bus interface.
What are your plans wrt GNOME 2.30? Will those apps be ported to
upower (only) or support both devicekit-power and upower (via a
configure switch)?

I'd also be interested in David's plans for udisks for GNOME 2.30.
As devicekits-disk resp. udisks is encapsulated by g-d-u/gvfs the
switch should be easier there, right?

Michael

universe are pointed away from Earth?