udisks polling makes LTN403L CD-ROM drive click

Marti Raudsepp marti at juffo.org
Wed Jan 20 03:30:51 PST 2010

On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 1:12 PM, Michael Biebl <mbiebl at gmail.com> wrote:
> Or upgrade your system to use libata only.

D'oh! That "sdd" thing did look a bit weird. :)

rmmod amd74xx && modprobe pata_amd fixed my problems. Thanks!

On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 12:52 PM, Marti Raudsepp <marti at juffo.org> wrote:
> Another odd thing about this computer is that Palimpsest lists this
> drive directly under "Local Storage", not under a controller. I
> haven't seen this on other computers.

^^^ This quirk was solved too, but only after a reboot.

I also noticed earlier that when replacing devkit-disks-daemon with
udisks-daemon, I needed to reboot until Palimpsest recognized extended
partitions or was willing to poll for SMART data.

Is this expected behavior?

Regards,
Marti