Is udisks worse that HAL?

Maxim Levitsky maximlevitsky at gmail.com
Thu Jun 24 10:17:38 PDT 2010

On Thu, 2010-06-24 at 12:43 -0400, David Zeuthen wrote:
> Hi Maxim,
>
> Your mail is indeed flamebait and I'm not sure it's really helping
> you.
To be honest I just want to bring this subject up.
Because program that hardcodes so much assumptions ought to cause lot of
trouble.

> If you want a patch/enhancement into the udisks source tree, the
> way to do this is to file a bug at bugs.freedesktop.org (as the udisks
> documentation so eloquently states already):
>
>   BUGS
>          Please send bug reports to either the distribution bug tracker or the
>          upstream bug tracker at
>          http://bugs.freedesktop.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=udisks.
>
> As far as I can tell, you haven't done this but I could be wrong. If
> you have done this already, the standard way is to keep asking in
> Bugzilla until someone like myself or Martin Pitt answers. It may take
> some time - for example, I'm working on a lot of other things than
> udisks at the moment. That's just the way things are.
Ok, this explains it.

However I think that 1st priority for udisks should be removal of all
hardcoded stuff.

I will help with that at the summer.

Best regards,
Maxim Levitsky