API Stability of upower

Dario Freddi drf54321 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 15 15:48:23 PDT 2010

Hello list(s),

I am currently in charge of writing an upower backend for Solid, the KDE
Hardware abstraction framework. However, before starting to mess with it, I
would like to gather some input around.

I am mostly concerned about API stability. If there was an (even partial)
guarantee of API stability I would be extremely happy, however I am mostly
interested in knowing if any big changes to the public interfaces are planned
in the near future, to avoid wasting my time and starting a versioned
dependency hell.

More than that, I'm looking forward to port Solid and Powerdevil to upower.

Thanks for any replies.

--

Dario Freddi
KDE Developer