When Charger disconnected, status goes to 'fully charged"

omer akram om26er at gmail.com
Fri Mar 19 11:44:19 PDT 2010

Hi.
When I disconnect the charger of my netbook the battery status goes to full.
sometimes after 30secs I get the notification about battery discharging but
most of the time this notification dont come and the status remains full. I
have to reboot/logout or sudo pkill power and start gnome-power-manager . if
I killall gnome-power-manager and start it again my battery status is still
shown full. This worked fine in Ubuntu Jaunty but have not worked since
Karmic and now persists in Lucid. (though karmic used devkit-power). Please
help me this issue has been there for quite a while now. Is there any debug
report that I should provide, Please if there is any procedure to debug
please tell me.
Thanks for all the good work