Question about enable polling.

Stef Bon stef at bononline.nl
Mon Oct 4 07:14:47 PDT 2010

  On 10/04/2010 03:03 PM, David Zeuthen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> For the record, the docs are located here
>
>   http://hal.freedesktop.org/docs/udisks/
>
> Also note that the ABI of the udisks(1) binary isn't considered
> stable. The D-Bus ABI has some stability gurantees, see the README
> file.
Thanks a lot for your answer.

As far as I understand there is thus a difference between hot plugable
devices
(like usb disks)  and removable devices like cdroms.

The first are not removable, but hotpluggable, and the latest is removable.

I see also a  difference in the way udev handles cdroms. cdroms inserted
or ejected are reported as change, while an inserted usb stick is
reported as adding a device (and removal: remove a device)

But still stays why not:

udisks --poll-for-removeable-media

in stead of

udisks --poll-for-media /dev/sr0

But I understand that's what you mention with the ABI is not stable yet.

How are you going to tackle the usb disks reporting removal in stead of hotplugable problem?? That's not nice!!
A blacklist??

Greetings,

Stef