[RFC] propose to develop a rfkill daemon

Joey Lee jlee at novell.com
Wed Sep 1 04:19:46 PDT 2010

HI Bastien,

於 二,2010-08-31 於 11:15 +0100,Bastien Nocera 提到:
> > I want to develop a rfkill daemon like upower and udisk, to provide
> > D-Bus methods and integrates with PolicyKit, maybe the name is urfkill.
> >
> > Does it a good idea? Appreciate any suggestions for this topic.
>
> Probably a good idea. Feel free to steal the bluetooth-killswitch.[ch]
> code from gnome-bluetooth to achieve that.

Thank'a a lot!

I have check the gnome-bluetooth, and saw the rfkill code in
lib/bluetooth-killswitch.c
There also have similar rfkill struct and source code in connman to
access /dev/rfkill. But, connman only _listen_ the rfkill event, didn't
set the rfkill state.

I will reference those source code deferentially.

> The current API, though it only really handles Bluetooth adapters, shows
> what level of details we'd need on the user-space applications side.

Userland will need control all devices that have rfkill interface,
wlan/bluetooth/wwan..., the userspace need to _listen_ and _set_ the
rfkill state. Almost like what the rfkill tool's features doing.
 - listen rfkill state changed
 - set rfkill state for a device type, e.g. wlan/bluetooth
 - set rfkill state for a device

Thank's a lot!
Joey Lee